Tuesday, January 20, 2009

#1.5 - Pre-Travel, or "See you in April!" "What?...Oh right."

So this is not quite a post in a travel blog yet, but if you want to get technical (I know, you don't, but humor me please), I did already "travel" via plane from Virginia to Boston with the same 40 pound suitcase and backpack that I'll be taking to Europe. So, if you wanted to get technical, technically, this would be an official travel blog.

However, the reason I wanted to make a post will completely negate all that technical mumbo-jumbo. I don't want to write about traveling. I want to write about the non-traveling feelings I'm experiencing.

With less than two days before I board a plane to Amsterdam, I am in sublime denial. I'm not sad, I'm not happy (though I'll miss people and teachers and classes here). But people keep asking me if I'm OHMYGOD SO EXCITED TO BE GOING TO EUROPE AREN'T YOU AREN'T YOU AREN'T YOU, and at this point, I get excited sometimes, but not usually when people ask me the question. I think once we board the plane, my excitement will start building, and by the time we get to the Castle, I'll be excited enough to answer the same question enthusiastically over and over and over again.

I just wanted to record these semi-apathetic feelings before I left, so that way, when I'm reading this ancient internet blog 50 years from now, as a withered, wobbling old woman, I can reach this, the first-and-a-half entry of my epic travel blog, stretch a smile across my wrinkled face, and think to myself, "GOD you were a privileged, apathetic, veritable party-pooper."

1 comment:

Geoffrey Kershner said...

Have a blast my friend! I will visit often!