Thursday, February 19, 2009

#6 - How many visits does it take to become a Belgian Citizen?

Because by the end of April, I will have been to Belgium three times. 

Two friends and I decided to make it an easy weekend and go to Belgium, relatively close to us here in the Netherlands. We were going to hit up Brussels on Friday and spend the night, then on Saturday, head to Antwerp. We didn't really do anything in either city besides just walking around and eating at various times. I sent Stefan Van Bragt, a Belgian family friend, an email before our trip, and he put us in touch with his daughter, Isabelle (the last time I saw her was maaaaaybe when I was under the age of ten). She and her boyfriend, Thom, were nice enough to meet us in Antwerp, where they both go to university, and show us around! 

The one thing I took pictures of in either city was this open-air, totally legal, graffiti park. Instead of boring you with more text (SHUT UP KIRIN SHUT UP), I'll just post a few of those pictures.



Above: Kelly SMIRKING.



I'm pretty sure this is one of the best pictures I've ever taken.




If you want to see the rest of my graffiti pictures, go here!

No comments: